It’s been a busy old week.
The crits went off with a bang on the Easter weekend and Keith took some great pictures
On Wednesday in Hillingdon the second TT dry run progressed with no hitches. A dozen riders got times, and enjoyed the hospitality. So we are all set for the new season….Westerley Handbooks were also published and distributed ..”I never knew there was so much in it.”
At Hillingdon we welcomed new member Lorna, and the VR team met Nick G for the first time in 6 months. Nick’s been making a guest appearance….
Building up for Ride London, the Sunday club ride proved that Westerley members can be seen at the same place in real life on the road together, as we beetled over to Byfleet.
We also had the final run of the series for the VR Team Time Trial series where we ended 7th. The gaps are reducing, but now we need to break the 42kph barrier….
The club 10 also took place on the 24th, but we are awaiting results.
So on to next week:
- Team Time Trial – new fortnightly season commences – anyone not involved yet and wants to find out more, contact Andy Beale
- Wednesday 27th – West London race – alternates with Hillingdon – we have a team of 7 and are looking for one more. It would be great to start a ladies team too.
- Sunday 1st of May – our Open 10
- Monday 2nd of May – club run to Tring 8:00 at Gurnell, 8:20 at PWM – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/39240385
- Wednesday 4th May – Hillingdon 10 – get your entries in via Rider HQ
- A couple of weeks later….. Tuesday 17th May – sociable drinks and curry at the Sir Michael Balcon from 7:30
In June we will be starting a monthly shorter ride at an accessible pace. More news shortly.
I am sure much more has happened, so do send relevant information into Andy Beale.