HOW MANY CHALLENGES CAN YOU TICK OFF AND POINTS CAN YOU SCORE DURING JULY?
Following June’s club initiative we thought we’d try and keep you all amused during July too. Yes, this is something that offers everybody a chance of competing for: THE JULY 2020 WESTERLEY CC CHALLENGE
There are a number of ways of scoring points, and we suspect that nobody will be able to complete every single one, so opportunity knocks, could you win the challenge? Try it and see.
5 points per 50km total aggregate distance ridden in July on outdoor rides
5 bonus points will be awarded to the member climbing the most metres during July on outdoor rides only.
5 points per qualifying Strava segment below
5,up to 26 points for participating on 1 to 4 of our July Sunday club rides
1.REAL LIFE OUTDOOR RIDES RECORDED ON STRAVA
YOUR PERSONAL DIY RIDES AND CLUB RIDES DURING JULY RECORDED ON STRAVA AND PUBLISHED IN THE WESTERLEY CC CLUB LISTING ON STRAVA (WESTERLEY CC MEMBERS ONLY) DURING JULY 2020. Private unpublished rides will not count. You will need to notify Dave Morrison of your claim, either by contacting him via Strava or Facebook, or alternatively using the Contact Button Facility on the Westerley CC website. All claims must be made by Tuesday 4th August. Club members only.
5 POINTS PER 50km ridden in July and recorded in the Westerley CC Strava Club Group during July 2020. 5 bonus points will be awarded to the member climbing the most metres during July on outdoor rides only. Make sure your rides are on Strava and keep a record (spreadsheet may be best) for your claim (date, details, relevant segments etc) and claim your points at the end of the month.
There is a list of Strava Segments below, if you ride any of these, record it and claim points at the end of the month as described above.The selected Strava Segments score 5 POINTS EACH (but a segment can only be counted once – repeats score zero).
- RUISLIP TO HILLINGDON SPRINT (RUISLIP/NOTHOLT) 2.3km Along the A40 by Northolt Airport starting at the Polish War Memorial . https://www.strava.com/segments/2497850 There is a video of this on the Westerley CCYouTube Channel
- SPRINT TO LATIMER HOUSE (LATIMER) 0.81km 5% average from Latimer towards Chesham (CLUB RIDE 5th July) https://www.strava.com/segments/6974482
- DP PEDNOR LOOP CLOCKWISE HILL 2 (CHESHAM) 0.45km 7% from Chesham Old Town on Hollow Way towards Balinger Bottom (CLUB RIDE 5th July) https://www.strava.com/segments/10539263
- STEEPER BIT OF BOWSTRIDGE (CHALFONT St.GILES) 0.28km 4% Start of Bowstridge Lane heading towards Chalfont St.Peter (CLUB RIDE 5th July) https://www.strava.com/segments/4707402
- DUCKS HILL (RUISLIP) 0.7km 6% heading north from Ruislip towards Mount Vernon Hospital (CLUB RIDE 12th July) https://www.strava.com/segments/8343423
- SARRATT GREEN MILE (SARRATT) 1.61km 1% Bragmans Lane from Sarratt towards Belsize (https://www.strava.com/segments/6140262 (CLUB RIDE 12th July)
- CRIMP HILL (OLD WINDSOR) 2.4km 3% Old Windsor to Englefield Green (CLUB RIDE 19th July) https://www.strava.com/segments/7410141
- NEW MILE (ASCOT) 0.94km -1% Alongside Ascot racecourse (East side) towards Winkfield (CLUB RIDE 19th July) https://www.strava.com/segments/4592140
- WHITELEAF HILL (MONKS RISBOROUGH) 1.44km 9% Full climb from the Aylesbury Road https://www.strava.com/segments/618895 (CLUB RIDE 26th July)
- PINK HILL KOM CHALLENGE (WARDROBES- PINK HILL) 0.52km 10% https://www.strava.com/segments/2885659 (CLUB RIDE 26th July)
- OLD MILL LANE TO B470 (LITTLE BRITAIN) 1.13 km 0% (https://www.strava.com/segments/14001533
- NORWOOD GREEN TO WINDMILL LANE (OSTERLEY) 1.26km 0% https://www.strava.com/segments/13079448
- GREENFORD GRIT (GREENFORD) 1.48km 0% Ruislip Road Greenford towards Yeading https://www.strava.com/segments/5289340
- THE PARK SPRINT (GUNNERSBURY PARK) 0.59km -2% From Popes Lane towards the A4 https://www.strava.com/segments/2207943
- LONG LANE LUMP (HILLINGDON) 0.49km 3% Long Lane between the Master Brewer A40 junction and The Wonder Cafe on the Uxbridge Road https://www.strava.com/segments/9099254
MAKE SURE YOU RIDE THEM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION OR THEY WON’T COUNT!
2. SUNDAY CLUB RIDES 8.30am Polish war Memorial (July 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th)
1 Sunday Club Ride – 5 POINTS
2 Sunday Club Rides – 11 POINTS
3 Sunday Club Rides – 18 POINTS
4 Sunday Club Rides – 26 POINTS