CLIMBER’S SUMMER SPECIAL CHALLENGE WITH A TRIP TO THE SEASIDE THROWN IN
This challenge is the one that offers everybody a chance of winning: THE JUNE 2021 WESTERLEY CC CHALLENGE with a winner’s plaque presented to the member with the highest points each month.
There are a number of ways of scoring points, and we suspect that nobody will be able to complete every single one, so opportunity knocks, could you win the challenge? Try it and see. This month, for one month only, there are slightly different rules as we are running some special rides.
5 points per 50km total aggregate distance ridden during the month on outdoor rides
5 bonus points will be awarded to the member climbing the most metres during the month on outdoor rides only.
5 points per qualifying Strava segment below
5,up to 26 points for participating on 1 to 4 of the month’s Sunday club rides
10 Bonus Points for riding the London-Brighton-London there and back (200km)
1.REAL LIFE OUTDOOR RIDES RECORDED ON STRAVA
YOUR PERSONAL DIY RIDES AND CLUB RIDES DURING THE MONTH RECORDED ON STRAVA AND PUBLISHED IN THE WESTERLEY CC CLUB LISTING ON STRAVA (WESTERLEY CC MEMBERS ONLY) . Private unpublished rides will not count. You will need to notify Dave Morrison of your claim, either by contacting him via Strava or Facebook, or alternatively using the Contact Button Facility on the Westerley CC website. All claims must be made by the 4th of the following month. Club members only.
5 POINTS PER 50km ridden during the month and recorded in the Westerley CC Strava Club Group. 5 bonus points will be awarded to the member climbing the most metres during the month on outdoor rides only. Make sure your rides are on Strava and keep a record (spreadsheet may be best) for your claim (date, details, relevant segments etc) and claim your points at the end of the month.
There is a list of Strava Segments below, if you ride any of these, record it and claim points at the end of the month as described above. The selected Strava Segments score 5 POINTS EACH (but a segment can only be counted once – repeats score zero).
- RUISLIP TO HILLINGDON SPRINT (RUISLIP/NOTHOLT) 2.3km Along the A40 by Northolt Airport starting at the Polish War Memorial . https://www.strava.com/segments/2497850 There is a video of this on the Westerley CC YouTube Channel
- WINTER HILL 0.54km Av 5.1% 22m (Cookham – Marlow) Winter Hill | Strava Ride Segment in Cookham, United Kingdom (Club Ride 6th June)
- BERRY HILL – FOOTY CLUB TO MILL LANE 0.59km Av 2.9% 17m (Taplow) https://www.strava.com/segments/23603472 (Club Ride 6th June)
- TURNERS HILL 0.47km Av 3.7% 18m (Turners Hill) https://www.strava.com/segments/653858 (Club Ride / LBL 13th June)
- DITCHLING BEACON 1.46km Av 8.2% 128m (Ditchling) https://www.strava.com/segments/770191 (Club Ride / LBL 13th June)
- BUNKERS LANE 2.32km Av 3.5% 57m (Hemel Hempsted) https://www.strava.com/segments/1009733 (Club Ride 20th June)
- Vicarage Lane 0.58km Av 6.5% 38km (Kings Langley) https://www.strava.com/segments/1721671 (Club Ride 20th June)
- Dudley Lane (Hambledon) 1.83km Av 6.5% 120m https://www.strava.com/segments/19436791 (Club Ride 26th June)
- WINCHBOTTOM LANE 0.74km Av 6.5% 48m (Marlow) https://www.strava.com/segments/2356955 (Club Ride 26th June)
- HAREFIELD ROAD 1.32km Av 3.7% 49m (Rickmansworth) https://www.strava.com/segments/4452663
- CHALFONT ROAD 2.64km Av 2.3% 61m (Maple Cross) https://www.strava.com/segments/13329798
- CHANDLERS HILL 1.1km Av 2.3% 25m (Iver Heath) https://www.strava.com/segments/1237688
- HILLINGDON HILL 0.48km 3.2% (Uxbridge) https://www.strava.com/segments/1064767
- HEDGERLEY HILL 0.23km Av10.5% 25m (Hedgerley) https://www.strava.com/segments/2363158
- HARROW HILL 0.62km Av 5.9% 37m (Harrow) https://www.strava.com/segments/19319582
2. SUNDAY CLUB RIDES 8.30am Polish War Memorial (June 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th)
1 Sunday Club Ride – 5 POINTS
2 Sunday Club Rides – 11 POINTS
3 Sunday Club Rides – 18 POINTS
4 Sunday Club Rides – 26 POINTS