RESTRICTED RIDING UNDER THE COVID19 LOCKDOWN AND A SHORT MONTH, SO A ‘WATERED DOWN’ CHALLENGE TO ACCOMODATE LOCAL RIDING
This challenge is the one that offers everybody a chance of winning: THE FEBRUARY 2021 WESTERLEY CC CHALLENGE with a winner’s plaque presented to the member with the highest points each month.
There are a number of ways of scoring points, and we suspect that nobody will be able to complete every single one, so opportunity knocks, could you win the challenge? Try it and see.
5 points per 50km total aggregate distance ridden during December on outdoor rides
5 bonus points will be awarded to the member climbing the most metres during December on outdoor rides only.
5 points per qualifying Strava segment below (Limited to one segment this month)
5,up to 26 points for participating on 1 to 4 of our February Sunday club routes (note: these are not club rides, but club routes for solo or duo rides only. Please use the Buddy System if you want to ride with another club member.
6. a temporary February / lockdown concession to indoor riding; 5 points for participating in each WESTERLEY VR Race on RGT. Dates Wednesday 3rd February 7.30pm ENTER HERE and Wednesday 17th February 7.30pm ENTER HERE.
1.REAL LIFE OUTDOOR RIDES RECORDED ON STRAVA
YOUR PERSONAL OUTDOOR DIY RIDES AND CLUB RIDES DURING FEBRUARY RECORDED ON STRAVA AND PUBLISHED IN THE WESTERLEY CC CLUB LISTING ON STRAVA (WESTERLEY CC MEMBERS ONLY) DURING JANUARY 2021. Private unpublished rides will not count. You will need to notify Dave Morrison of your claim, either by contacting him via Strava or Facebook, or alternatively using the Contact Button Facility on the Westerley CC website. All claims must be made by Thursday 4th March. Club members only.
5 POINTS PER 50km ridden in February and recorded in the Westerley CC Strava Club Group during February 2021. 5 bonus points will be awarded to the member climbing the most metres during January on outdoor rides only. Make sure your rides are on Strava and keep a record (spreadsheet may be best) for your claim (date, details, relevant segments etc) and claim your points at the end of the month.
There is a list of Strava Segments below, if you ride any of these, record it and claim points at the end of the month as described above. The selected Strava Segments score 5 POINTS EACH (but a segment can only be counted once – repeats score zero).
February 2021 Challenge Rider of the Month – Westerley CC. Just a few local segments, and ones many of us may use, in order to eradicate the need to travel too much. Some of these, probably all could be done in one ride. The number of Segments will be increased again after lockdown.
- RUISLIP TO HILLINGDON SPRINT (RUISLIP/NOTHOLT) 2.3km Along the A40 by Northolt Airport starting at the Polish War Memorial . https://www.strava.com/segments/2497850 There is a video of this on the Westerley CCYouTube Channel
- LONG LANE LUMP (HILLINGDON) 0.49km 3% Long Lane between the Master Brewer A40 junction and The Wonder Cafe on the Uxbridge Road https://www.strava.com/segments/9099254
- LEISURE CENTRE SPRINT 0.85km 0% Greenford https://www.strava.com/segments/7835267
- RUISLIP ROAD UP AND OVER 1.34km 0% Yeading https://www.strava.com/segments/5289436
- HILLINGDON HILL Uxbridge https://www.strava.com/segments/1064767 0.48km 3.2%
2. SUNDAY CLUB ROUTES (NOT GROUP RIDES) From Polish War Memorial (to be ridden on February 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th). Please use the Buddy System if you want to ride with one other rider and record your ride on Strava.
1 Sunday Club Route – 5 POINTS
2 Sunday Club Route – 11 POINTS
3 Sunday Club Route – 18 POINTS
4 Sunday Club Route – 26 POINTS
C. WESTERLEY VR RACES
Westerley VR Races take place on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month on the RGT platform. They attract an international field of entries and are around 16km in length. They are fast and furious but whatever your level they are excellent training. SERIES TWO DETAILS HERE