YOUR FESTIVE SEASON FROLICS COULD MAKE YOU RIDER OF THE MONTH
This challenge is the one that offers everybody a chance of winning: THE DECEMBER 2020 WESTERLEY CC CHALLENGE with a winner’s plaque presented to the member with the highest points each month.
There are a number of ways of scoring points, and we suspect that nobody will be able to complete every single one, so opportunity knocks, could you win the challenge? Try it and see.
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL (DECEMBER 2020 ONLY) – 25 BONUS POINTS FOR ANYONE COMPLETING THE FESTIVE 500 CHALLENGE (Harrison’s Fund or Rapha). For details of HARRISON’S FUND charity Festive 500 click here.
5 points per 50km total aggregate distance ridden during December on outdoor rides
5 bonus points will be awarded to the member climbing the most metres during December on outdoor rides only.
5 points per qualifying Strava segment below
5,up to 26 points for participating on 1 to 4 of our December Sunday club rides ……
1.REAL LIFE OUTDOOR RIDES RECORDED ON STRAVA
YOUR PERSONAL DIY RIDES AND CLUB RIDES DURING DECEMBER RECORDED ON STRAVA AND PUBLISHED IN THE WESTERLEY CC CLUB LISTING ON STRAVA (WESTERLEY CC MEMBERS ONLY) DURING DECEMBER 2020. Private unpublished rides will not count. You will need to notify Dave Morrison of your claim, either by contacting him via Strava or Facebook, or alternatively using the Contact Button Facility on the Westerley CC website. All claims must be made by Monday 4th January. Club members only.
5 POINTS PER 50km ridden in December and recorded in the Westerley CC Strava Club Group during December 2020. 5 bonus points will be awarded to the member climbing the most metres during December on outdoor rides only. Make sure your rides are on Strava and keep a record (spreadsheet may be best) for your claim (date, details, relevant segments etc) and claim your points at the end of the month.
There is a list of Strava Segments below, if you ride any of these, record it and claim points at the end of the month as described above.The selected Strava Segments score 5 POINTS EACH (but a segment can only be counted once – repeats score zero).
December 2020 Challenge Rider of the Month – Westerley CC
- RUISLIP TO HILLINGDON SPRINT (RUISLIP/NOTHOLT) 2.3km Along the A40 by Northolt Airport starting at the Polish War Memorial . https://www.strava.com/segments/2497850 There is a video of this on the Westerley CCYouTube Channel
- HAWTHORN LANE WEST Burnham Beeches https://www.strava.com/segments/7142315 1.59km -1.3% CLUB RIDE 6th DECEMBER
- HORSESHOE HILL Littleworth Common 0.44km 4.3% https://www.strava.com/segments/5025017 CLUB RIDE 6th DECEMBER
- DOG KENNEL TO STAG LANE (BERRY LANE) Mill End, Rickmansworth 1.37km 3.4% Bray https://www.strava.com/segments/19233447 CLUB RIDE 13th DECEMBER
- THRU CHALFONT ST.GILES https://www.strava.com/segments/17619578 1.26km 2.5% CLUB RIDE 13th DECEMBER
- COME QUICKLEY Chorleywood https://www.strava.com/segments/385142 0.99km Av.4.7% CLUB RIDE 20th DECEMBER
- PW TO ROUGHWOOD Little Chalfont https://www.strava.com/segments/21130485 1.7km -0.8% CLUB RIDE 20th DECEMBER
- SIGN TO SIGN, ETON TO ETON WICK https://www.strava.com/segments/6955480 0.92km Av.-.02% CLUB RIDE 27th DECEMBER
- HEDGERLEY HILL https://www.strava.com/segments/23631580 0.23km Av.10.5% CLUB RIDE 27th DECEMBER
- KINGSHILL SPRINT Hayes https://www.strava.com/segments/6873756 0.56km -0.1%
- SOUTH EALING ROAD BLAST Ealing https://www.strava.com/segments/9805729 0.77km -1.4%
- GREENFORD TO UXBRIDGE HUSSLE Greenford https://www.strava.com/segments/8232280 1.85km 0.0%
- HILLINGDON HILL Uxbridge https://www.strava.com/segments/1064767 0.48km 3.2%
- PINNER CLIMB Northwood https://www.strava.com/segments/9818064 0.56km 0.9%
- EASTCOTE LANE South Ruislip https://www.strava.com/segments/88966 2.14km -0.9%
2. SUNDAY CLUB RIDES 8.30am Polish War Memorial (December 6th, 13th, 15th, 20th and 27th)
1 Sunday Club Ride – 5 POINTS
2 Sunday Club Rides – 11 POINTS
3 Sunday Club Rides – 18 POINTS
4 Sunday Club Rides – 26 POINTS